So you are planning to hire an employee in your small business?
These days there are literally thousands of questions that you could ask in the interview.
Here are valuable interview questions to get started
- Tell me about yourself? (Then drill deeper!)
- Why do you want to work for our business?
- What do you know about our business? (did they check out your website?)
- Tell me about a time when you…. (test a competency)
- What are your strengths?
- What is your weakness? (beware of disguised strengths)
- How well do you work with others? (do they have proof?)
- What are you proud of?
- Why did you leave XYZ? (double check)
- Why did you change X jobs in Y years?
- Are you planning to study further?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
- What do you think of your former boss? (drill deeper)
- Why should I employ you?
- What would you do (give them a real problem to solve)